Through the planned operational turnaround, which will be completed with the merger between TerniEnergia and Softeco by 2019, the company aims to implement the complete redefinition of its strategic activities, completing the process of transformation into a “Smart Company”.
This process will produce:
INDUSTRIAL AND OPERATIONAL TURNAROUND
Proposed divestiture measures
The photovoltaic assets and those of the CleanTech Business Unit are expected to be disposed and, in particular, by 2019:
- the sale of photovoltaic energy production plants, held directly or indirectly;
- the sale of end-of-life tyre treatment and recovery plants;
- the sale of the Nera Montoro biodigester;
- the sale of a liquid waste treatment plant and 3 remaining photovoltaic plants.
As a result of these disposals, the Plan provides for a total financial benefit of approximately Euro 115.8 million (of which approximately Euro 39.8 million Equity Value and approximately Euro 76.0 million reduction in the Group’s financial exposure due to the taking over of part of the debt by the purchasers of the assets).
Merger by incorporation of Softeco into TerniEnergia
The corporate rationalisation process of the TerniEnergia Group is expected to be completed through the merger by incorporation of Softeco Sismat Srl into TerniEnergia by the end of 2019. This transaction will allow TerniEnergia to complete the industrial turnaround process of the Group through:
- the strategic control of the new “Digital Energy” market, thanks to the development and growth of the Smart Solutions and Services divisions, based on Softeco’s expertise;
- the application of the Digital Transformation paradigm as well as the adoption of new digital technologies for the energy efficiency sectors, according to a new business model, and for the maintenance of energy plants (proactive and prescriptive O&M), through an increased capacity for data analysis and the integration between the plant engineering skills of TerniEnergia and those for the development of innovative advanced analytics solutions by Softeco.
Finally, it is believed that the merger will simplify the corporate architecture, confirming the industrial vocation of TerniEnergia, optimize decision-making processes and management efficiency (corporate, accounting and administrative), with a consequent greater rationalisation of costs.
RELEVANT OPPORTUNITIES EXPECTED FROM THE EFFECTS OF INNOVATIVE ACTIVITIES
FROM FOUR TO TWO STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNITS
We simplify the group’s structure by improving its operational efficiency and reducing its complexity.